COMPETITION: Rugby World Cup final
  VENUE: Telstra Stadium, Sydney DATE: 22 November, 2003 SPECTATORS: 82,957
  REFEREE: Andre Watson (South Africa) HALFTIME: 14-5  
  TRIES: Robinson TRIES: Tuqiri
  PENALTY GOALS: Wilkinson (4) PENALTY GOALS: Flatley (4)
15 Josh Lewsey (22) London Wasps RFC 15 Mat Rogers  New South Wales
14 Ben Cohan Northampton RFC 14 Wendell Sailor (22) Queensland
13 Will Greenwood  Harlequins RFC 13 Stirling Mortlock  Australian Capital Territory
12 Mike Tindall (21) Bath RFC 12 Elton Flatley  Queensland
11 Jason Robinson Sale RFC 11 Lote Tuqiri  New South Wales
10 Jonny Wilkinson  Newcastle RFC 10 Stephen Larkham (21t) (21) Australian Capital Territory
9 Matt Dawson  Northampton RFC 9 George Gregan (Cap) Australian Capital Territory
8 Lawrence Dallaglio  London Wasps RFC 8 David Lyons (19) New South Wales
7 Richard Hill (19) Saracens RFC 7 Phil Waugh  New South Wales
6 Niel Back  Leicester RFC 6 George Smith  Australian Capital Territory
5 Martin Johnson (Cap) Leicester RFC 5 Justin Harrison  New South Wales
4 Ben Kay  Leicester RFC 4 Nathan Sharpe (18) Queensland
3 Phil Vickery (17) Gloucester RFC 3 Bill Young (17) Australian Capital Territory
2 Steve Thompson  Northampton RFC 2 Brendan Cannon (16) New South Wales
1 Trevor Woodman  Gloucester RFC 1 Al Baxter New South Wales
16 Dorian West  Leicester RFC 16 Jeremy Paul (2) Australian Capital Territory
17 Jason Lenoard (3) Harlequins RFC 17 Matt Dunning (3) New South Wales
18 Martin Corry Leicester RFC 18 David Giffin (4) Australian Capital Territory
19 Lewis Moody (7) Leicester RFC 19 Matthew Cockbain (8) Queensland
20 Kyran Bracken  Saracens RFC 20 Chris Whitaker  New South Wales
21 Mike Catt (12) Bath RFC 21 Matt Giteau (10t) (10) New South Wales
22 Iain Balshaw (15) Bath RFC 22 Joe Roff (14) Australian Capital Territory
  COACH: Clive Woodward COACH: Eddie Jones
Source-www.planet-rugby.com, www.rfu.com
Probably one of the most dramatic games ever played. The build up to this game was enormous. It was eventually won by a dropped goal by Wilkinson in the game's 100th minute, after extra time and then a sudden death playoff. For the first time ever the Webb Ellis Trophy headed to the Northern Hemisphere. It was to be the last game for England for the captain Martin Johnson.